There are several budget travel guides for sale on the internet that claim to show how you can save much if not all of your air fare whenever you decide to fly from A to B. There are also deals to be found for hotel accommodation, cruises, car rental, train journeys, safaris – almost any kind of travel you might be planning.
Some experienced travelers seem to get quite angry about these budget guides. Why should we pay for something when it is already freely available on the internet? It’s a waste of money! Why would any person with any shred of integrity be seen anywhere within 500 miles of these dreadful salespeople? Only idiots would be sucked in by these sorts of claims! Blah, blah, blah.
Well, I research and sell data and information to people who specifically want to buy it. So do travel agents, incidentally, who seem to avoid the disgust of the ‘seasoned’ travelers. Many people are engaged in the information industry, one way or another, and provide news, advice, guidance and information that we all like or need to access from time to time.
I think the real problem lies in the minds of those ‘experienced’ travelers. Having travelled extensively myself, often in obscure parts of the world, I know that you must learn to work directly with foreign airlines and uncooperative hotel receptionists, always prepared to alter any plan instantly to fit in with a new business schedule. And then change it again. Being able to do all this is what can make seasoned travellers feel superior to ‘ordinary’ people.
It is NOT easy to find all the necessary information when planning for travel without the help of an experienced agent. It is NOT easy to find quickly. And many experienced travelers find shortcuts and other ways of making their particular requirements easier to achieve without spending all their time on the phone or internet. So I think it is quite acceptable to sell this knowledge and information to those people who are not inclined to dig it out for themselves.
So, on one level, that is what many of these travel guides manage to do. They show you the ‘inside track’ to getting easier, cheaper and more comfortable travel arrangements. This saves you time and money and ensures that you find the best way to go, often in a higher class or grade than you might have thought possible.
However, there is also the matter of the many perks and freebies available to travel agents. Wouldn’t it be great to have a slice of these as well as all the planning knowledge? A good budget travel guide will tell you the secrets of the travel trade, so that you can benefit from all those wonderful freebies.
The cost of these information products is usually well under $50, and I do believe that they are generally worth it. The ones I recommend also have proper guarantees that will refund your money in full without question if you are not satisfied – a risk-free investment. If nothing else these guides are most entertaining to read and are full of ideas for getting a better travel deal.
If you would like more information about my favorite budget travel guide, which I feel offers tremendous value for money, please visit our website. I strongly suggest you give it a try – you can always get your money back. But I think you will prefer to keep it, because it is a mine of useful advice, tips and information for the demanding traveler.
Here are some Travel Safety Tips. I think these tips are pretty helpful, but more valuable than any of these is following your gut, using your common sense and not letting fear attract negative situations.
When walking around sight seeing or even just taking the public transportation systems, it’s better to wear a purse with a sling strap (that crosses your chest, instead of hanging off your shoulder). If you don’t care about fashion, the first choice should be a fanny pack. Fashion will be the last thing on your mind if your wallet gets stolen from behind.
- I am a lover of backpacks, but if you use one, be sure to get one with a lock on the zippers, so it will discourage would be thieves and move on to an easier target.
- If you want to walk without carrying any sort of purse or bag (I’ve been there!) I suggest neatly folding some money, credit card and/or room key in a sandwich bag and safety pinning it inside your shirt, jeans whatever you’re wearing. (Make sure you use a large safety pin as they are usually sturdier than the smaller ones).
- You should check with the local laws, but I always carry a key ring Pepper Spray or Mase around, it’s very portable and potent when necessary.
- Don’t attract hoodlums or desperate people by displaying lots of valuable jewelry, this is especially true if you’re traveling in a poorer country.
- Lock up your valuables in the hotel safe or in your locked luggage suitcase when you leave the room. Don’t tempt underpaid maids.
- Stay Alert! Don’t make yourself vulnerable by having too many drinks with strangers in a new place. Always watch your drink or carry it with you to avoid any date rape drugs.
- It’s best to walk with a companion at night, if that’s not possible, carry the Pepper Spray and a small flashlight. A portable key chain alarm isn’t a bad idea either.
- Make sure you know the local Emergency number for your area, it is probably NOT 911 if you’re in another country.
Remember what I said earlier, do not let fear ruin your trip. Each year thousands of Women travel all over without a single dangerous incident. You can increase your chances of being one of them by following these tips and having the right attitude!
Travel bags for men take on many forms nowadays. In the past, the average man, if the stereotype was to be believed, would simply find an old gym bag or rucksack – even a carrier bag if he thought it might survive a journey in tact – turf out whatever rubbish he had in it, stick his toothbrush, toothpaste and razor inside and be off on his journey without a care in the world.
Of course, this image is almost certainly exaggerated, but probably not without a few grains of truth. But times have changed, and with them, so have male travel bags.
There are a huge number of designs and sizes of travel bags for men in many materials, but to separate the wheat from the chaff, here’s a rundown of five of the more interesting, diverse and downright stylish ones on the market today, from five separate brands I trust.
Pierre Cardin Soft Pilot Business Case
If you like your male travel bags sleek and business-like, this black bag is ideal. It’s also compact, looks professional and has a padded interior to give protection to your valuables.
Adidas Black Messenger Bag
For a more sporty, casual look, than other travel bags for men, this black polyester one is stylish, robust enough to handle valuables, and durable enough for everyday use. It also boasts an external pocket and two compartments making it ideal for carrying documents.
Nike Brasilia Small Holdall and Boot Bag
While this might technically not fall into the category of travel bags for men, it can certainly be used as such, though the main reason I’m highlighting it here is that, as well as having three external pockets and one internal pocket, it had a matching boot bag, too. Perfect if one of the reasons for your journey is to play field sports.
SkyPak Folding Travel Bag
I’ve highlighted this because, as its name suggests, it can fold in half, which is obviously ideal when space is at a premium. As a result, it’s perfect for finding room for some of the extra purchases you may make on your travels.
Karabar Cabin Approved 21 Inch Hand Luggage Bag
Last but not least, this boasts wheels and should, technically, be the right size to use as hand luggage without any problems. As ever, check the terms and conditions of your airline before reaching this conclusion though.
Of course, whether you opt for one of the bags above or go for something completely different (there really are enough styles and designs to suit almost any taste or need) the watchword really has to be “convenience”.
Your main aim is to get from one place to another without questions over bag size and the like. Never go for style over substance when it comes to choosing travel bags for men.
Travelling can be an unpredictable beast, so tame it as best you can, wherever you can.
Choosing the right travel bags for men will help you achieve this aim.
You should be aware of what is around you at all times. That may seem like a given, but so many people are so overwhelmed with the sights and smells of the city around them, that they forget to stay aware. While you should most definitely enjoy yourself, you should carefully survey your surroundings regardless of where you are.
While traveling at night is a good way to take advantage of lower flight rates, this is not a good choice for someone that is traveling alone. It is okay if you are going to a city that you are familiar with in most cases, but if you are going somewhere new you should be traveling during the day. Most criminals strike at night and you want to make sure not to make yourself vulnerable to them.
Never let any strangers know that you are traveling alone. You may see a nice looking person with a pleasant face, but do not let that fool you. Be polite and enjoy their conversation if you are in a very public area. Never give them any clue that you are alone and never give out any of your hotel information.
If you have anything that is of value, it should be on your person as much as possible. You do not want to have to worry about any of your things getting stolen while you are enjoying your travels. Use the safe at the hotel you are staying at if you have anything valuable that is too large to carry around with you.
While you should have a little cash on you when you travel, the majority of your money should be in traveler’s checks. It is usually advised that you take credit or debit cards in order to increase the convenience, but using them may rack up a lot of fees that can be avoided if you use traveler’s checks.
Check in with your family and friends as often as possible when you are traveling alone. You want them to know that you are fine so they don’t worry, but you can also advise them of any moves you plan on making during your trip. This will come in handy if something happens to you because they will know what to tell the proper authorities as far as your whereabouts are concerned.
Go with your first instinct, even if it turns out to be incorrect. It is much better to be safe than to be sorry.
As stated above, traveling alone can be quite exciting, but it can leave you vulnerable to crime. Use the advice given to you in the article above to make sure that you remain safe and sound while on your next solo trip.
So you own a website based on some aspect of travel? It could be a blog, it could be a website selling holidays to various destinations, or it could even be a site selling travel gear of various types. Whatever type of website you have, you’ll know how powerful a
Finding the right piece
Depending on your needs and skills, you may write some of these pieces yourself. However if you need a regular stream of content for your blog or website, you may get to the stage where you run out of ideas, if only temporarily. Do you have a plan to cope with these situations?
Invest in content or get free ones?
Unless you write the content yourself you have to source it from somewhere. This can mean paying a professional writer to create it for you, and that means you might end up eating into what could be a particularly small budget. Even if your website has a larger budget there will be plenty of other things (such as promotion) that will require a slice of it.
Alternatively you can source free articles online from directories. This makes it easy to find the perfect travel article whenever you want it, since you can simply look for whatever you want at the appropriate time.
Plan ahead to cope with future needs
This is another key technique to use to ensure you never run out of content. Many webmasters don’t take the time to plan ahead – they simply think of what they want or need for their website on a day to day basis. This does work on some occasions, but if you can’t find what you need or you cannot write it in time, it can leave you with an impossible deadline. By focusing on future needs now, you can easily ensure you have all the content you need at exactly the right times.
So don’t leave things until the last minute – find out what your ideal piece would be for your travel website and look for it now.
When you are traveling with children, extra preparation is required to make your trip go as smoothly as possible. Whether you are
When flying, always let the ticketing agent know you are traveling with children. They will often issue you pre-boarding passes which will allow you to enter the plane first. You should also plan in advance so that you can make sure your seats are together. If your child is prone to ear infections or motion sickness, discuss options with your pediatrician in order to avoid these problems on the flight. Some parents prefer to fly on nonstop flights because you do not have to switch planes or deal with layovers. However, some people think that having a break can help their children relax, get some food, and settle down before traveling on the next leg. If your children are young, make sure you bring car or booster seats with you, or arrange to have them included with your car service.
After securing your travel arrangements, you will want to begin packing for your trip. If you travel often, you should consider purchasing some quality luggage. Samsonite luggage, for instance, is quite durable and will hold up through repeated travel with children. Child size luggage is also available and can help children feel included and grown up. You should pack a few extra outfits for each child in case of accidents. Place each outfit in a zip-lock bag and write the child’s name on the outside. Remove the air from the bag, making it as flat as possible. This will allow you to pack more into each suitcase.
You should also bring a carry-on bag for each child. Pack a complete change of clothes for each child in their bag. Books, coloring books and crayons, and electronic toys can help the flight go quickly. Make sure you pack headphones for each child, as well as extra batteries. You should consider packing snacks and a water bottle or juice box for each child as well.
Don’t forget to label everything and include an address label inside the luggage. Discuss with your children what to do in case they are separated from you.
Traveling with children requires a few extra steps in order to be prepared, but it is worth it when you can enjoy a family vacation together.
First, a few notes about location. Sonora is located in northeastern California just west of the well known Sonora Pass mountainous region. Sonora is the largest community in this area also known collectively as “Gold Country” – which includes Sonora, Columbia, Twain-Harte, Mi Wuk Village, Long Barn, Strawberry, Jamestown, Murphys, Angels Camp, and many other smaller communities. The terrain varies throughout the Gold Country, but most of these locations are at around 3000 feet to 6000 feet.
If you are looking for a great trip to see the history of this fantastic area, you should strongly consider visiting Columbia State Park where the sights and sounds of the Gold Rush are on display all day every day. From gold panning to theatre shows, you and your family can experience the very best of the Gold Country area in the Columbia playground as it were.
Sonora travel ideas are pretty easy to develop if you turn to the right sources and take time to prepare for your Gold Country vacation in advance. Of course, the very
What do you get by the term travel?
Let’s hear his story may be he has some thing very interesting to tell you. Travel in this situation gives you a perfect time to relax your mind and soul. Try to free yourself and your soul from every thought, every problem you ought to solve. Concentrate on that very moment. Concentrate on each and every person around you. Try to figure out each person’s personality. Give your life a moment and be calm and relaxed and you will feel travelling like a heaven.
Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the money to be able to travel as much as we please. There are always some circumstances which push us away from our desire to travel.
With the advancement in technology though, the world has certainly shrunk and there are more opportunities to travel. The
1. Get Information About Destinations
No matter what kind of travel arrangements you have on your mind, you can arrange for a great trip by gather requisite information. Whether it is a long vacation, or a weekend break, you can research destinations and the
2. Look For Cheap Travel Packages
Since the travel and tourism industry has become extremely active, traveling to new places has become simpler. Look at some of the travel packages offered by various travel agencies and choose one which offers you cheapest and the most convenient deals.
3. Plan The Trip In Advance
Planning a trip in advance allows you to apply for leave from your work and make any other arrangements that you need to make in order to be away for some time. You can arrange for babysitters, kennels for your dogs and the mail to be delivered at an alternate address only if you
When you keep all these things in mind, you will be ready for a hassle free vacation.
When it comes to women’s travel, there are many different safety tips that can make the difference between a great trip and a disaster. While women do travel successfully every single day without incident, it is important to understand that problem situations have come up before, and are sure to again. If you are a woman who has to travel for your career, or if you’re headed off on a vacation, it’s wise to learn as much as you can about how to stay safe on your travels. Here are 10 quick tips to help you have a safe trip.
1. One of the first things to consider when
2. In addition to considering your travel clothing as above, it’s also important to consider the accessories that you wear while traveling. You should avoid flaunting expensive necklaces, rings, pendants, and other types of jewelry. This is not a good time to flash the big diamonds. If you elect to wear jewelry, be certain to keep it simple. It’s a lot safer (both for you and those big diamonds) if you leave them safe at home, and take the cheap costume jewelry on your trip.
3. You always need some cash with you, but don’t carry big wads of cash around. It’s better to have the cash you need, and then use credit cards for most of the big purchases along the way. Most places, you can replenish your cash supply at the ATM as needed. Cash is more of a target for thieves than credit cards — especially if it looks like you’ve got a lot of it.
4. If you must carry valuables with you when you travel, then consider purchasing luggage with hidden compartments, money belts, or pouches where you can hide money and valuables under your clothing. There are a variety of options available that are safer than leaving everything valuable in your purse (so that it could all get stolen together!)
5. If you are a woman
6. On the inside of your luggage, it is important to include information about who you are and how to contact you. Include your name, address, and a contact number. If your bags were recovered by airline, hotel, or police officials after an incident, they could see who you are and find out how to contact you.
7. Clean out your purse before traveling, or use a different travel purse when you’re on the road. You don’t need to bring along your extra bank card, library card, social security card, supermarket club card, etc. when you’re traveling. If your wallet is stolen, the less items you have to replace, the easier it will be, so there’s no sense bringing things you don’t need.
8. You should let one to two people know what you plan to do while you are away, where you are staying, and reach an agreement on contacting each other. This way, should you miss a contact or if foul play is suspected, someone may inform the authorities of where you are supposed to be and when. Likewise, if there was an emergency back home, they would have a way to get in touch with you during your travels.
9. When traveling with important documentation, such as your driver’s license, legal papers, and similar items – always be sure to keep a copy somewhere safe (separate from the original). As an added measure of security, provide someone you trust with a copy of each.
10. Lastly, don’t make yourself look like an easy target. Figure out where you’re going before you leave the hotel, or ask the hotel staff for directions. Standing on the street corner peering confusedly at a map will make you look like easy pickings. Walk confidently, be aware of your surroundings, and keep a secure grasp on your purse.
Women’s travel can be risky, but the more you know, the safer you’ll be. If you follow these 10 tips for a safe trip, you’ll be more likely to enjoy that vacation or business trip without any dangerous complications.